- 1. Understanding the global eyewear market
- 2. Establish A Solid Business Model
- 3. Legalize your eyewear business
- 4. How to Build Your Website?
- 5. How to Choose The Right Platform?
- 6. Keep Your Product Catalog Up To Date
- 7. How to add Payment Gateway to an E-Commerce Site?
- 8. Optimize & Improve Your Site
- 9. How do you market your website?
- 10. Build your Network
Do you want to enter the online eyewear industry? Do you need a quick start guide? In this article, we will help you build an online eyewear store. All the way from the very beginning to the very end, we’ll guide you. And by the end, you’ll have a fully functioning eyewear store.
Starting your own online eyewear store is not as daunting of a task as it might seem. In fact, there are many positive aspects of selling eyewear products online. With the right navigation, resources, and techniques. You can create a viable business that allows others to select their eyeglasses in a convenient manner. SetuBridge offers e-commerce solutions to take your business to the next level with Shopify and Magento’s best-in-market solutions. Your customers can shop knowing they are getting genuine products at a fair price.
1. Understanding the global eyewear market
It is crucial to understand this step in the whole process. Building an eyewear store is not a cakewalk. The first thing you need to do is conduct thorough market research.
According to The Vision magazine, around 42% of males and more than 50% of females in the world are wearing glasses. And the study shows that more than 70% of the planet will need some sort of eye correction due to the time spent on screens.
In 2018, the eyewear business was worth a 131billion USD. And it’s estimated to jump to 250 billion USD by 2025. From stats, we can see that the US and EU are the world’s largest markets for eyewear stores. But recently, the Asia Pacific region is moving ahead with a sharp growth rate of 13% in this domain.
2. Establish A Solid Business Model
This is something you can’t avoid when you’re set on the path to monetizing your idea. Businesses spend a lot of money to get their structure set. Creating a robust business model helps you in pitching investors and generating a revenue model.
When it comes to the product, you’ll have to decide on the types of eyewear your store will carry. Will you focus on sunglasses? Contact lenses? Designer frames? Knowing exactly what types of products your store will offer will allow you to accurately target your customers.
Once you’ve decided on your product selection, you’ll need to figure out how they’ll get from the manufacturer to the customer. Will you purchase inventory directly from the manufacturer and store it in a warehouse? Will you have a drop-shipping arrangement with manufacturers or a third-party service provider? How will your customers return defective products or order replacements? You’ll need to figure out all of these details before opening for business.
Finally, you need to decide on how you’re going to market your business. Will you rely on social media ads? Are there any print publications that are read by members of your target audience? Think about how much money you expect to spend per customer, and make sure that it’s less than how much each customer spends on average otherwise, you won’t turn a profit!
3. Legalize your eyewear business
You don’t want the FBI to barge into your turf for illegal activities right?
So, in order to run your business legally, you need to get a Business License & Permit. Depending on the country, the process may differ… But getting a license makes things much easier.
Also, when it comes to legalization, there are a lot of daily transactions happening. You will need a special business account to manage, protect, and keep track of capital. And in case your business and personal assets are linked, then they are also at risk when your business is sued.
4. How to Build Your Website?
Now, this is the most important part. All your onboarding, sales, conversions, etc will depend on your eyewear website. If shoppers like it, your revenue: Stonks!!
Now, there are many aspects to building a website. But let’s start from zero.
If you’re just starting your business. Then you’ll need a robust website to deal with your products and shoppers. Now, to do this, people have two options:
- Do It Yourself
- Hire Pros
Do It Yourself
- Many store owners believe that their site should be their own creation. To do this, they simply form a developer team and start working on creating a website. Though the store owners have all the flexibility, it’s still hectic.
- They’ll have to learn everything and work with trial & error methods. It’s good for the long run, but starting would be very slow with a lot of amateur mistakes.
- If you want a flashy website built in a short period of time. Then this option is for you. Here people hire a company like SetuBridge which specializes in making websites that will be result-oriented. Specify your requirements and they will do the rest.
- The best part of hiring pros is that you don’t need to worry about anything.
5. How to Choose The Right Platform?
What makes you different from your competitors? What unique features do you provide?
You can try doing some market research and find flaws in the best optical stores online. And try to include those features. For example, when you’re shopping in an online optical store, there are times when you can’t find your prescribed product. For this, you can move to eyewear solutions where you can get custom extensions as per your need.
We know, that creating your very own online is an important decision. There are many options, and it can be difficult to know which platform is the best fit for you and your business. But we’ve simplified that for you. Following are two best picks when it comes to starting an online eyewear store:
Method 1: Magento Supremacy
- Magento is an open-source eCommerce platform that allows users to create, manage, and edit stores online. With this, you can scale your business efficiently as you grow.
- Magento is widely used by top eCommerce businesses like lenskart.com, hp computers, etc. It’s the best pick especially when you want to create robust stores that can handle large inventories. Also, there are hundreds of unique options available when it comes to Magento. For instance, if you want virtual try-on or prescription order lenses, then you can also do that by integrating your site with custom extensions.
- At SetuBridge, you will have access to various plug-ins and extensions like the Prescription Eye Lens extension where shoppers can enter the details like base curve, diameter, power, etc and the store can fetch the prescribed product.
Method 2: Shopify
- You don’t need to be a developer or hire one because you can easily manage your online store by yourself. Shopify offers hundreds of beautiful themes, which will help you bring your brand to life.
- It has a Shopify app store with thousands of apps that can help you to improve the functionality of your eyewear store. You also have the flexibility to implement all modern marketing tools like Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, and others.
- We provide a wide variety of services ranging from custom services like Shopify apps to building robust stores. Our most popular solution for online eyewear stores is the Prescription Eye lenses Shopify App. Clients can create lens-type products, get prescription-based orders, and much more. It will help you increase conversion rates and sales. If you need a helping hand from professional eyewear digital marketing experts, just reach out to us.
- SETUBRIDGE offers custom app development services. Also delivered all types of custom development, theme customization, and third-party integration services.
6. Keep Your Product Catalog Up To Date
The part where a customer is thinking about whether to buy your product or not. It’s the product catalog that comes to the rescue and gives the final push.
So, keeping our catalog up to date is super important. This means that you’ll need to research the latest trends, make sure you have all sorts of eyewear opticals on your shelves, and write compelling descriptions for each item.
In addition to keeping a cutting-edge inventory, you’ll also need to keep your language fresh and fun you want all of your shoppers to feel like they’re part of the newest trends when they shop, right?.
7. How to add Payment Gateway to an E-Commerce Site?
People are far more likely to abandon their shopping carts if they have too many hoops to jump through during checkout. To ensure that your potential shoppers become actual customers, it’s important that you make the checkout process as efficient and simple as possible.
One way to do this is to integrate payment gateways into your e-commerce website. Payment gateways allow you to accept debit and credit card payments from customers, with this information transferred securely from your website to the relevant bank account for processing.
A good payment gateway service will provide you with a reliable platform that ensures that your customer’s sensitive information is kept safe and secure, while also giving them a variety of different options for paying for goods or services on your site. This can include credit cards, debit cards, electronic checks (eChecks), PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Amazon Pay. Some even offer cryptocurrency payment options!
You’ll also want a service that offers you 24/7 support in case anything goes wrong during the checkout process—this will ensure that you can resolve any issues quickly and efficiently without losing any potential customers along the way.
Also read: Top 5 Payment Gateways 2022
8. Optimize & Improve Your Site
Improving your site is about more than just making it look better, or having more features. You want your eyewear store to be as effective as possible for your customers, so you can get the most out of every investment you make in it.
Here are some of the ways that we can help:
We can help you increase the number of visitors who become paying customers. Your conversion rate is a key factor in how successful your site is, and we’ll work with you to optimize it.
The faster your pages load, the better your visitors will like them. We’ll help you speed up your pages so they load fast and keep visitors happy.
9. How do you market your website?
When you create your own site, shoppers won’t come on their own to buy eyewear frames online. You’ll need to increase traffic and improve its search ranking so that shoppers will naturally land on your website.
Below are proven methods that will boost your store:
A) Organic is best
Getting things done organically means a gradual build-up of your regular visitors. When you keep engaging stuff on your website that makes visitors come and visit is the key to building your website organically.
To do this, you can create a blog page for the site and start writing SEO-friendly content. Another thing you can do is create landing pages that can direct traffic to their searched item. This will not give results instantly, but it’ll help you in the long term.
B) Paid Campaigns
Funds are essential assets. So, if you can manage some cash for paid ads then you can scale up pretty fast. Instagram, Facebook, Tik-Tok, Google, and so on are all good places to run ads. Just ensure that you target the right audience and track your ROI.
10. Build your Network
Networking is the key. Without it, your store will face time decay. Shoppers won’t be able to know about your store if you don’t grab their attention. Many businesses spend a lot to improve their network. Here’s what you can do the same:
Nothing goes around without social media coming into play when you market your products. Apps like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc have become a hub for fellow marketers.
You simply can’t ignore the fact that nearly 57.6% of the world’s population is active on social media. All you need to do is, target your audience and focus your campaign.
We know what it’s like to be in your shoes: we’ve walked that path. We know how hard it is to find the right tools to make your dream come true. That’s why we’ve built our own eye lens solutions that integrate seamlessly with Shopify and Magento to give you all the features you need from one-click checkout options to improved SEO in one easy package.
If you’re still in the planning stages of starting your business, we can help with that, too! Our developers will work with you to make sure that your store plan is solid, and then they’ll help you see it through. Once your business is off the ground and thriving, they’ll continue to offer support by helping you implement strategies for growth.
What are you waiting for? Let’s get started!